Łukasiewicz Research Network - Wood Technology Institute was established by the Minister of Forestry on 1st January 1952 (Decree of the Minister of Forestry of 8th November 1951, M. P. No. A-106, item 1559). The Institute is a research institute registered in the National Court Register under No. KRS 0000106475.
The Institute acts on the basis of:
- Act on research institutes of 30 April 2010 (Journal of Laws No. 96, item 618 as amended),
- Decree of the Minister of Forestry of 8 November 1951, on the establishment of the Wood Technology Institute (M. P. No. A-106, item 1559),
- Decree No. 252/Org/92 of the Minister of Industry and Trade of 10 June 1992, on adapting the organization of the research and development unit of the name of: Wood Technology Institute to the provisions of the Act on research and development units of 25 July 1985,
- Decree No. 4/Org/97 of the Minister of Economy of 4 July 1997, changing the decree on the establishment of the Wood Technology Institute,
- Act on Łukasiewicz Research Network of February 21st, 2019 (Journal of Laws of March 21st, 2019, item 534),
- statutes validated by President of Łukasiewicz Centre on 19 September 2019,
The Institute's registered office is in Poznan, in Winiarska St 1.
The Institute is supervised by President of Łukasiewicz Centre
Pursuant to the Act of February 21st, 2019, on the Łukasiewicz Research Network (Journal of Laws of March 21st, 2019, item 534), which entered into force on April 1st, 2019, the Wood Technology Institute with registered office in Poznan has been transformed into an institute named “Łukasiewicz Research Network – Wood Technology Institute”.
According to the provisions of the above-mentioned Act the above-mentioned Institute named “Łukasiewicz Research Network – Wood Technology Institute”, inter alia:
- continues to be a legal person and acts on the basis of previous entries in the National Court Register (Article 99(1)),
- assumed all rights and obligations and took over all property, including claims and liabilities, of the Wood Technology Institute and, additionally, entered into rights and obligations arising from administrative decisions previously had by said Institute (Article 101(1) and (2) and Article 102(1) and (2)),
- has single-person manager and representative in the person of its previous Director.