The Bioenergy Department conducts basic and applied research regarding the use of renewable energy sources in the wood industry, the production of solid biofuels and solid secondary fuels, the assessment of the quality of solid biofuels obtained from vegetal biomass, the production of components of liquid biofuels, and vegetal biomass hydrolysis. It also investigates the possibilities of improving the performance of biomass and biofuels produced from it, the processes of combustion of various types of solid fuels from biomass, and technologies of production of the second and third generation biofuels.
The department also investigates the possibilities of using various types of wood waste (including post-consumer waste) for the production of fuels.
Agnieszka Jankowska , MSc (Eng)
Monika Kubińska, MSc
Jacek Pawłowski , MSc
RESEARCH AND SERVICES
- Research on the processes of wood waste combustion for energy generation,
- Hydrolysis of vegetal biomass,
- Thermal processing of vegetal biomass in order to obtain materials with improved fuel properties,
- Research on the properties of wood waste, including waste burdened with synthetic chemical substances,
- Solid biofuels (briquettes, pellets, wood chips, sawdust, dusts, by-products and residues of industrial processes) – properties, quality, classification,
- Biomass (wood biomass, other vegetal biomass) – properties, quality,
- Expert’s opinions connected with wood waste combustion for energy generation and the possibility of material recycling,
- Other tests:
- determination of the elementary composition of possible biofuels, materials used in furniture making, wood preservatives, wood waste,
- determination of ash content in polyurethane foams.