Zbigniew Karaszewski, DSc (Eng)
A graduate of the Faculty of Forestry at the August Cieszkowski Agricultural University of Poznan.
Scientific internships in:
- Stanford University, Top 500 Innovators, Stanford, USA
- Aristotle University, Short Term Scientific Mission, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Specializes in forestry, forest utilisation. Main scientific interest: roundwood quality harvested with harvesters, organization of logging operations, influence of skid roads on trees features, wood defects and its consequences on wood processing, wood grading , forest policy.
- forest practitioner with 13 years of employment in the Polish State Forests;
- thematic editor in Drewno-Wood journal;
- co-organiser of 3 international conferences;
- member of Association of Foresters and Wood Technologists and The Poznań Society of Friends of Sciences;
- supervisor of 3 Engineer diploma theses;
- support supervisor in doctoral thesis;
- author of 5 research works for enterprises;
- government expert in Advisory Committee on Community Policy regarding Forestry and Forest-based Industries under the European Union;
- reviewer of international and national projects and programs;
- laureate of individual award of Wood Technology Institute Director for great effort in research projects submission in 2016.
- author and co-author of 26 scientific papers, 15 from JCR list,
- principal Investigator of 4 research works financed by Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education,
- participant in 3 international and national projects,
- lecturer on 9 international and national conferences,
- reviewer of scientific papers published in: Environmental Engineering and Management Journal; Forestry Letters; Drewno; Lesnicky casopis – Forestry Journal; Bioresources,
- summaric impact factor: 6,847,
- Hirsch Index according to WoS: 4.