Prof. Ewa Ratajczak, DSc
- Institute's Board - Chairman
- Research and Strategic Analyses in the Wood Sector Department - Other Personnel
A graduate of the Specialty of Foreign Trade Economics and Organization at the Poznan University of Economics.
A holder of the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst scholarship.
Scientific internships in the Bundesforschungsanstalt für Forst- und Holzwirtschaft (Hamburg), in the Ifo-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschungen (Munich), at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences - Agency for International Technical and Economical Cooperation (Stockholm), at the Universität für Bodenkultur (Vienna).
General Director of the Wood Technology Institute (2016-2017).
President of the European scientific network “InnovaWood” (2011-2013).
President of the Steering Committee for the strategic research and development program "Environment, agriculture and forestry" BIOSTRATEG (2014 - 04.2018).
Chair of the Competition Jury for the Gold Medal of the Poznan International Fair for the Furniture fairs.
Vice-president of the Polish Chamber of Commerce of Furniture Manufacturers.
President of the Scientific Board of the journal "Wood. Research papers. Reports. Announcements"
Specializes in market analyses and marketing as well as in wood industry economics, especially in the issues of:
- development strategy of the wood and furniture industries,
- international competitiveness of the forest-wood sector and innovation level of the wood industry branches,
- utilization of wood in different lines of its processing,
- green economy.
- preparation of the first in Poland wood market study according to the economic sciences canon,
- determination of the methodical and decision-making basis for the restructuring of the Polish wood and furniture industries and for industrial policy-making in this field,
- development of a unique tool for comprehensive analyses of the wood market (system of wood equivalents),
- development of a method for the post-use wood market analysis and study of it for Poland,
- implementation of a training project increasing the competitiveness of wood industry companies,
- successfully finished conduct of the first foresight project in wood science and industry in Poland
- creation (together with the team) of an information and monitoring system for the wood market,
- pertaining to the content cooperation with the UNECE Committee on Forest and the Forest Industry in Geneva (wood market forecasts, public relations, green economy, bioeconomy).