A national scientific and technical conference INNOVATIONS IN THE POLISH FORESTRY AND WOOD SECTOR – strengths and weaknesses
On 12 May 2016, the Ministry of Development hosted a national scientific and technical conference titled “Innovations in the Polish forestry and wood sector – strengths and weaknesses”. It was organised by the Wood Technology Institute, the Ministry of Development, and the Wood-Based Panels Producers Association of Poland.
The goal of the conference was to assess the innovative potential of the Polish forest and wood sector as well as its capacity for growth and possible limitations. Addressed to the Polish business actors interested in the field of innovativeness of the forestry and wood sector, the conference offered an opportunity to reflect on the importance of innovations in this sector.
More than 100 guests attended, including those representing many branches of the wood sector, professional associations, the Ministries of Development and Environment, the State Forests, universities, and research centres specialising in wood.
The conference was opened by Jadwiga Emilewicz, Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Development, and hosted jointly by Władysław Strykowski, Director of the Wood Technology Institute, and Małgorzata Szczepańska, Directorof the Innovation Department at the Ministry of Development.
- Przemysł Drzewny. Research & development
- Las Polski
- Przemysł Papierniczy
The following conference papers were presented:
- The innovativeness of the forestry and wood sector as a determinant of its growth
Władysław Strykowski, Wood Technology Institute
- Innovativeness in the sawmill industry
Robert Motała, Stora Enso
- Innovativeness in the sawmill industry, i.e. innovativeness achieved in practice through the creation of added value
Marcin Burkietowicz, Wiązary Burkietowicz
- Innovativeness in the wood-based panels industry. An effective utilisation of wood material in the production of LVL
Steffen Zimny, Steico
- Innovativeness in the production of plywood
Waldemar Czarnocki, Paged Sklejka SA
- Innovativeness in the furniture industry
Tomasz Wiktorski, B+R Studio Tomasz Wiktorski,
Tadeusz Respondek, The Polish Chamber of Commerce of Furniture Manufacturers
- Innovations and development in the cellulose and paper industry
Katarzyna Godlewska, The Association of Polish Papermakers
- The strengths and weaknesses of wood-based construction in Poland. Innovativeness – the strengths of wood-based construction
Wojciech Nitka, “Dom Drewniany” Association
- Innovativeness in the production of wooden flooring materials
Dariusz Kozera, The Association of Polish Wood Flooring Contractors
- Innovativeness in the production of machines, devices and tools for woodwork
Andrzej Półrolniczak, The DROMA Association of Manufacturers of Woodworking Machinery, Devices and Tools
- Innovativeness in forestry
Radomir Bałazy, Krzysztof Jodłowski, Michał Kalinowski, Justyna Nowakowska, Tomasz Oszako, Alicja Sierpińska, Forest Research Institute