A seminar for furniture producers from Malaysia
On 29 May 2006 a seminar entitled "Specificity of the Polish wood and furniture market and legal rules of introduction of furniture onto this market" was organized in the Wood Technology Institute for representatives of furniture producers from Malaysia.
13 representatives of Malaysian furniture industry, most of them producers of office and garden furniture, took part in the seminar.
- a brief presentation of the ITD (Anna Wos, MSc)
- a paper entitled: "A general description of the wood industry in Poland" (Director of the Polish Economic Chamber of Wood Industry - Bogdan Czemko, MSc (Eng))
- a paper entitled: "The furniture market in Poland from the European furniture market perspective" (Gabriela Bidzinska, MSc)
- a paper entitled: "Formal rules of introducing furniture onto the Polishmarket" (Mieczyslaw Silny, MSc (Eng))
- a paper entitled: "Furniture testing in the ITD" (Michal Rogozinski, MSc (Eng))
- a paper entitled: "Furniture hygienicity" (Przemyslaw Gaca, MSc)
- direct talks in particular research departments of the Institute.
The visit of guests from Malaysia ended with a kind gesture of giving the ITD Director, Asst. Prof. Władysław Strykowski, PhD, a souvenir made of tropical wood.