Meeting of the Polish Technology Platform for Forestry and Wood Sector members in the Wood Technology Institute - 23.05.2011
On 23rd May 2011 the 14th meeting of the Polish Technology Platform for the Forestry and Wood Sector (PPTSL-D) was held in the Wood Technology Institute in Poznan.
The meeting agenda:
- Discussion about organisational matters, Wladyslaw Strykowski, PPTSL-D Coordinator:
- Information about the session entitled "Wood in the EU and the Polish economy " organised during the 3rd European Economic Congress on 16-18 May in Katowice,
- The 7th Congress of the European Forest-Based Sector Technology Platform (FTP) in Warsaw, organised in connection with the Polish presidency of the EU (26th-28th September 2011) - the state of preparation, draft programme,
- Co-operation with the National Center for Research and Development (NCBiR),
- Upgrading of the National Strategic Research Agenda for the forestry-wood sector;
- Report on the activities and application for financing of the Industry Contact Point (BPK) - the PPTSL-D Secretariat - Andrzej Fojutowski, PPTSL-D Secretary;
- "Opportunities and challenges for the forest-based sector in the European research labyrinth" - Johan Elvnert, Managing Director of FTP and Coordinator Star-COLIBRI;
- Current activities of the FTP High Level Group - Michał Jarczyński,FTP High Level Group President;
- Forestry-wood issues in the next FP7 call - July 2011 - Jolanta Wolska, National Contact Point for Research Programmes of the European Union, Warsaw;
- The stage of research on forest biomass in Western Pomerania in Poland and Pomerania in Germany" - Maciej Skorupski, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Forestry of Poznan University of Life Sciences;
- Searching for partners for international projects - Paweł Kaczmarek, Regional Contact Point for Research Programmes of the European Union, Poznan.