Polwood, DREMA 2010
The 4rd Economic Forum of Polish Wood and Furniture Industry POLWOOD 2010
took place on Poznan International Fair area
on 14 April 2010 during DREMA 2010 fair
Investor Publishing House and Poznan International Fair
One of the Content Partners was
Wood Technology Institute
Forum concerned the meaning of Polish wood and furniture industry in Europe. Experts from Poland and abroad analyzed issues concerning achieved economical successes of Polish companies on European market and how strong is their position in European Union.
Can Polish wood and furniture industry have influence on the shape of European legislation in its own discipline?
Can we use the contraction in Europe and collapse of many heretofore leaders in order to fulfill existing gaps?
Which activities can be commonly run by entrepreneurs, scientists, associations and non-governmental organizations in order to improve the image of Polish wood and furniture industry and its promotion abroad?
Is Polish market the source of export or destination for wood products?
Wood industry panel
- To go out beyond Europe - elimination of European intermediaries in outer continental trade of Polish wood articles.
- EU Law: presumption of fault in wood trade from illegal logging, CO2emission trading.
- European standards in raw materials and wood products trading.
- European model of sawmill industry - Should we treat giantism? (premiere of the movie about new investment in German sawmill- the Rettenmeier).
- Directions of technological development of European sawmills.
Nomination to Polwood 2010 Prize in the following categories:
- The investment of the year - in the wood industry:
The prize went to Homanit Polska from Karlin forimplementing the most modern production line in Europe (for HDF and MDF production with Conti Power 28- meters press by Dieffenbacher and also installing new wood-working and lacquering panels equipment;
- The investment of the year - in the furniture industry:
The prize went to Mebel Rust from Dobrodzień for investments: 5-axis machining centers Author X5- 3D technology; modern edgebander Novimat Koncept equipped in aggregates enabling very wide range of elements treatment; painting robot Cefla and Italian's company Emme-Elle polishing machine LBAS with additional aggregate for brillianting: numerical control drilling machine BHX 500 Weeke, with options of drilling up/down/sidelong; TRI CT TRI grinder Costa, which grinders all planes, can caliber borders, lacquer layers etc. ; panel saw EBT 108 Selco with automatic embarkation at the back of, this machine takes elements by itself according to schedule.
Furniture industry panel
- What do we have to do in promotion of image of Polish furniture in Europe?
- Why don't we do lobbing in European Parliament?
- The Market of wooden panels: Polish prices - European prices?
What is better for Polish furniture industry: Zloty or Euro?
In discussion took part among others:
- Piotr Kuczyński (Main analyst of Xelion. Financial Advisors),
- Sławomir Wrochna (President of Wood Chamber),
- Kazimierz Jabłoński (President of Polish Wood Industry),
- Kazimierz Czapiewski (National Committee EPAL),
- Wojciech Chlubek (Swedwood),
- Zbigniew Michno (Gutchess Lumber in Poland),
- Wojciech Gątkiewicz (CEO of Pfleiderer Grajewo),
- Tadeusz Respondek (Vicepresident of Kler),
- Bogusław Grabowski (CEO of Skarbiec AMH SA, Economical Advisor of the Prime Minister),
- Marek Adamowicz (Director of Polish Chamber of Commerce of Furniture Manufacturers),
- Frederik Lauweart (General secretary of European Furniture Industries Confederation)
More information can be found at: http://www.polwood.pl/
Wood Technology Institute once again took part in Drema next to "Polish Parquet Layers" Association , Polish Chamber of Commerce of Furniture Manufacturers or Wood-Based Panels Producers Association of Poland
DREMA took place simultaneously with Furnica - International Fair of Components for Furniture Production. Both events focused more than 800 exhibitors from 28 countries who, in the exhibition area of over 30 000 m2, presented the latest solutions from the world of technology and components. This year the fair were visited by 24 360 professionals from different sectors of the wood and furniture, which is 16 percent more compared to the previous year. Among the visitors were present furniture producers, production managers, designers and professionals of interior design.
The Live Furniture Factory was particularly interesting for furniture manufacturers who represent the upholstered furniture sector. This is a special presentation area that has for a few years now combined the spheres of interest of visitors of FURNICA and DREMA. Full-scale machinery manufactured upholstered furniture with an arresting design using state-of-the-art technology and materials. This interesting and logistically difficult undertaking was realized with Department of Furniture Design of University of Life Sciences in Poznan. The Factory was not only the source of information concerning technological nuances, this project integrated students from future Department of Furniture Design.
Sawmilling industry is important part of woodworking industry and DREMA has delivered events addressed to its representing professionals. During seminars: "Modern methods of quality assessment of wood raw material for sawmilling industry purposes" and „Wood industry 2010+. The roundwood market and technical innovations for Polish sawmills" the most interesting solutions, allowing to streamline production of small, medium and large enterprises were presented.
One of the most interesting events during DREMA was undertaking prepared by "Polish Parquet Layers" Association in Corporation with Poznan International Fair - The Live Workshop of Parquet Layers! In the exhibition area of over 120 m2, there were stands, where following stages of parquet layer's work were presented. Young parquet layers from Poznan presented methods for measuring technical conditions of backing. They were grinding surface, gluing and oiling the parquet.