Seminar of Mebel-Elbląg Cluster
On 15th February 2008 representatives of the Wood Technology Institute, invited by Mebel-Elbląg Cluster and Elbląg City Office, chaired a seminar in the seat of Elbląg City Office. During the seminar the issues interesting for the producers associated in Elbląg Furniture Cluster were discussed.
"Assessments of machine and tool innovation level in the furniture industry conducted by the Wood Technology Institute. Possibility of trainings in the field of wood and furniture industry carried out by the Institute" The issues of furniture quality testing, furniture certification, machine safety, and market aspects of the operation of the Polish furniture industry, were discussed in the following presentations:
- - Wojciech Cichy, PhD (Eng);
- "EU directives and Act on general safety of products - obligations for the furniture industry"
- Mieczysław Silny, MSc (Eng);
- "Testing of furniture surface quality taking formaldehyde emission into consideration"
- Zofia Krzoska-Adamczak, PhD;
- "Safety of new and used machines - legal conditions"
- Jan Nowak, MSc (Eng);
- "Polish furniture industry in numbers"
- Joanna Pikul-Biniek, MSc;
- "Properties of basic materials for furniture production"
- Andrzej Noskowiak, MSc (Eng).
Mebel-Elbląg Cluster was established in autumn 2007. Its founders were self-government authorities of Elbląg city and Industry and Trade Chamber operating in that region. Presently the cluster consists of 27 members, mostly local producers of furniture and elements for furniture production. Other members of the cluster are business environment companies such as banks, shipping company, advertisement firm, and insurance broker.
The basic goal of the cluster operation is consolidation of the industry and cooperation of local producers consisting not only in classical collaboration but also in creating a common brand of furniture coming from that region. It is even expected that internal cyclical fair will be launched after the ZOW in Bad Salzuflen.