The PIF Gold Medal during MEBLE 2005, DREMA 2005 Fair – a new jury make-up
In 2005 a new makeup of the Poznań International Fair Gold Medal Competition Court for DREMA Fair, MEBLE Fair and OFFICE AND INDOOR EQUIPMENT Fair was appointed. Asst. Prof. Ewa Ratajczak, DSc from the Wood Technology Institute in Poznan was appointed the Court President. Other members of the jury and experts were also appointed.
Works of the new jury were conducted in two specialized sections in which participated professionals and recognized authorities from all over Poland and from various groups, among others from:
- Poznan University of Technology,
- Gdansk University of Technology,
- Warsaw Agricultural University,
- August Cieszkowski Agricultural University of Poznan,
- Academy of Fine Arts in Poznan,
- Wood Technology Institute in Poznan,
- Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz,
- Association of Producers of Woodworking Machines, Machine tools and Tools - DROMA,
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Labour,
- Consumers Association ”Klub Poznanski”.
The jury in the first place followed all the regulations set forth in the Competition Rules, where a bequest was entered stating that products which can be objects of the competition must fulfill certain requirements. And so the products have to:
- be proposed,
- be exhibited at the fair stands,
- be characterized by special values in regard to usefulness, modernity of product/production process on the market, reliability, practicality, conformity with existing quality standards, and also esthetics and profitability.
The “winners” selection system has a few stages and contains elements which ensure objectivity – assessment of particular product features is based on certain points.
Every year the number of specialized devices, machines and machine tools for working and processing of wood and composite wood products increases. In effect there is huge diversity of products exhibited at the fair in Poznan. Among exhibitors present at DREMA Fair a very high level of modernity was represented especially by processing centres from Italy and Germany. However, success of small companies from Poland and the Czech Republic should also be emphasized. In turn, the awarded furniture was mainly the result of the superb work of Polish enterprises.
The PIF Gold Medal is a prestigious distinction which confirms not only the quality of the exhibited product and the innovation and production potential of a company but it also contributes to an increase in prospective clients’ trust in products of the awarded company as it guarantees at least west-European standards and above all – it carries the message that innovative solutions were applied in the product.