Certification is based on Regulation No. 93120 - 93120.12 title 17: Final Regulation Order “Airborne toxic control measure to reduce formaldehyde emissions from composite wood products”.
CCWPD’s scope of accreditation at the Polish Centre for Accreditation (PCA) includes this type of certification. The certification is conducted according to the "Wood composite certification program for compliance of formaldehyde emission with ARB requirements".
Products certified for compliance with formaldehyde emission requirements:
- hardwood plywood (HWPW),
- particleboards (PB),
- dry-process fibreboards (MDF, HDF).
The certification is conducted according to scheme 3 and Table 1 of the standard PN-EN ISO/IEC 17067:2014-01: Conformity assessment. Fundamentals of product certification and guidelines for product certification schemes.
The elements of this system are:
- Selection and/or collection of samples;
- Determination of properties by laboratory examination, if applicable;
- Evaluation [as per the definition in the standard PN-EN ISO/IEC 17000:2006];
- Decision as to certification (granting, keeping in effect, extending, suspending, revoking certification);
- Granting permission (granting, keeping in effect, extending, suspending, revoking the right to use the certification marking);
- Supervision includes:
- periodical control tests of samples taken at the supplier’s and evaluation of their results,
- control evaluation of supplier's laboratory operation,
- verification of competences and control of the laboratory staff at the supplier’s,
- control evaluation of the production process (technical and organizational conditions).