- play an active part in European Technology Platforms and in European Strategic Research Agendas,
- prepare the national strategic research agenda which will comply with the needs of Polish enterprises,
- integrate key economic and research partners,
- activate significant private and public funds,
- make an optimal use of structural funds,
- lobby for and promote the sector,
- create appropriate management structures.
First Polish Technology Platforms were established in 2004 for construction, aviation and textile industries, whilst on 10th January 2005 in the Ministry of Science and Information Society Technologies a conference entitled “Polish Technology Platforms” was held during which agreements inaugurating operation of another Polish platforms, including the Polish Technology Platform for the Forestry and Wood Sector (PPTSL-D), were entered into.