Dobrochna Augustyniak, MSc
Ewa Leszczyszyn, MSc
The Wood Industry Economics Department conducts research connected with macro- and mezoeconomic aspects of forestry-wood sector operation. The department prepares analyses of the wood market and short- and long-term forecasts of its development. It monitors economic, organisational, and technical-technological phenomena occurring in forestry and in the wood industry, as well as the market in wood and the products of wood processing for the requirements of national and foreign statistics.
The department runs the databank “Drzewnictwo” – a fact-collecting database containing information on the forestry-wood-sector in Poland.
RESEARCH AND SERVICES
- Sectoral analyses and development strategies in the wood industry,
- Wood market and its segments (diagnoses and development forecasts),
- Wood biomass market for material and energy purposes,
- Economics of wood resources – national and regional wood balances,
- Innovativeness and competitiveness,
- Wood waste management (industry waste and post-consumer waste),
- Substitution in the wood industry,
- International aspects of the wood market (international comparisons concerning forestry, the wood sector, and the wood market and products),
- Organisation and management in the wood sector (networking),
- Forestry-wood sector in the “green economy” and circular economy,
- Foresight in the forestry-wood sector.