Assc. Prof. Piotr Rapp, DSc (Eng)
Grzegorz Pajchrowski, PhD (Eng)
Maciej Bendowski, MSc (Eng)
Zofia Owczarzak , MSc (Eng)
Tomasz Świgło, MSc (Eng)
Lechosław Jabłoński, Eng
Jacek Samol, Eng
The Wood Investigation and Application Department conducts research, develops ready technologies, and co-operates in the implementation of new technologies and the modification of traditional technologies for various entities related to wood processing. It is also involved in training, consultation, and technological-technical consultations, as well as in the preparation of expert’s opinions regarding domestic and imported raw wood material, sawnwood and semi-finished products, wood-based panels and builder's carpentry and joinery products, packaging and flooring products, sports and recreational equipment, wooden construction, and woodworking machines and machine tools.
RESEARCH AND SERVICES
- Properties of domestic and exotic wood species,
- The quality of sawnwood, including structural timber,
- Mechanical properties of wood-based panels, pallets, materials, accessories and semi-finished products for furniture making, glue-laminated semi-finished products for the production of wooden windows and stairs,
- The quality of adhesive-bonded joints and glued wood,
- Performance parameters of windows and doors, floors (including sports floors), shuttering I-beams, woodworking machines and machine tools,
- Application of wood in the production of various wood products,
- Life Cycle Analysis (LCA).