The Wood Investigation and Application Department conducts research, develops ready technologies, and co-operates in the implementation of new technologies and the modification of traditional technologies for various entities related to wood processing. It is also involved in training, consultation, and technological-technical consultations, as well as in the preparation of expert’s opinions regarding domestic and imported raw wood material, sawnwood and semi-finished products, wood-based panels and builder's carpentry and joinery products, packaging and flooring products, sports and recreational equipment, wooden construction, and woodworking machines and machine tools.
Assc. Prof. Piotr Rapp, DSc (Eng)
Maciej Bendowski, MSc (Eng)
Zofia Owczarzak , MSc (Eng)
Tomasz Świgło, MSc (Eng)
Lechosław Jabłoński, Eng
Jacek Samol, Eng
RESEARCH AND SERVICES
- Properties of domestic and exotic wood species,
- The quality of sawnwood, including structural timber,
- Mechanical properties of wood-based panels, pallets, materials, accessories and semi-finished products for furniture making, glue-laminated semi-finished products for the production of wooden windows and stairs,
- The quality of adhesive-bonded joints and glued wood,
- Performance parameters of windows and doors, floors (including sports floors), shuttering I-beams, woodworking machines and machine tools,
- Application of wood in the production of various wood products,
- Life Cycle Analysis (LCA).